Senior Back-End Engineer
- Working closely with product, design, and engineering teams through the entire lifecycle from drafting to delivering products, features, and services.
- Take true ownership in parts of our stack, championing their implementation, adoption, and maintenance.
- Design and implement APIs that power our web application and internal services.
- Build ETL pipelines to ingest data from 3rd party services and make it usable and queryable within the platform.
- Work closely with other developers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability, and efficiency.
- Be a driving force in our engineering culture. Reviewing code, refining the architecture, and delivering a quality product.
- Monitoring and leading any junior engineers, raising the bar, and contributing to best practices for all engineers.
- Constantly focus on providing business value to our clients.
- We are a small team, you will wear many hats.
- Computer Science or other STEM degree.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience with cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Extremely comfortable with Git.
- Strong understanding of and experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with modern, SOA and microservices. You prefer asynchronous communication amongst services and are experienced using message queues.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases like Redis, PostgreSQL, Big Query, MongoDB, and ArangoDB.
- Comfortable working with concurrent programming (i.e., asynchronous, multi-threading, and multi-processing), and you understand when to use these techniques.
- Must be comfortable with Linux and associated technologies (e.g., Bash, cron, filesystems, signals, sockets, pipes, processes, SSH)
- Broad knowledge of the full stack. You should be able to trace a problem from the client to the system layer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal forms, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- First-hand understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including business and functional requirements, developing technical designs, implementing scalable solutions, and design and analysis
- Own and care about your craftsmanship. Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Go and/or Python 3.
- Experience with Pytest and functional testing.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Helm.
- Experience with modern practices and technologies such as REST, HTTP/2, gRPC, and Protobuf.
- Data engineering and ETL experience.
- Experience working with a graph database like ArangoDB.
- A love for automation, continuous integration, deployment, and testing.
- Comfortable with Agile delivery management tools and practices such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, and Agile methods such as Scrum.
We provide a fast-growing, fun and professional atmosphere. A place to express and grow yourself professionally and the opportunity to advance your career through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
|Job Category||Back End Engineering|
|Insurance||Health, Vision, Dental|
|Misc.||Office Snacks, Drinks, Company Events|