Who We Are
FanAI is the leading eSports audience monetization platform. We are an AI based fan analytics startup.
FanAI enables game publishers, event organizers, esports teams, leagues, broadcasters, agencies and brands to understand, grow, predict and monetize fan audiences in eSports (through a proprietary SaaS platform). We are the only company that can combine purchase behavior, psychographic, social and demographic information to allow our partners to deliver the right message, at the right time, in the right place, creating a tailored, relevant and compelling fan experience.
Backed by some of the most influential global investors, FanAI is the market leader in esports audience monetization. Our client roster is made up of market leading franchises and companies throughout the esports ecosystem, in addition to some of the world’s largest agencies and brands.
Our world-class team is passionate about transforming data into actionable information, using insight to unlock the revenue opportunity for our clients. We are always looking for new talented individuals to join our growing company.
What We Believe
• The global esports fan audience is a growing, powerful and disruptive force
• The fan experience is what matters most. Protecting fans from “spam”, creating tailored experiences, and delivering relevant marketing messaging is our focus
• Esports will realize its full potential when it attracts the world’s best brands and sponsors
• We can drive the explosive growth in esports, pushing it beyond the heights of all traditional sports combined
If you are interested in the role, please send your resume to email@example.com
Head of Consulting & Services
Santa Monica, CA
FanAI (www.fanai.io) is a fan analytics startup based in Santa Monica, CA.
The acknowledged leader in esports audience analytics, we’re poised to expand our SaaS platform and accompanying consulting practice into traditional sports, entertainment and brands and build out the product offering for top leagues, teams, events, influencers and agencies to better understand, grow and predict fan audiences across these verticals.
By delivering a market-leading suite of analytics tools, our platform yields improved sponsorship sales, more-targeted marketing activity, better-informed choices about player and team trades, and better-tailored activation and engagement strategies. Our professional services extend that product offering to focus on bespoke and in-depth analyses.
In the process of an eight-figure Series A investment round, we are currently backed by some of the best investors in Sports and Entertainment, and our team is passionate about applying machine learning and data science to a growing community of fans, players and influencers. Our team members and board advisors have worked in leading positions at some of the world’s largest data companies, including Facebook and Google.
Joining the management team at FanAI, you’ll take on leadership of the Consulting and Services team, with accountability for the lifecycle of our clients from contracting and onboarding over services delivery through to ongoing renewals and offboarding.
You’ll be the leader of a small but fast-growing team, taking the initiative on how and where that growth needs to happen, both from a hiring and from a developmental perspective. You’ll take on the people management responsibilities within the team.
While working to improve existing processes around how we service our clients, you’ll also have a hands-on role with key clients to manage those relationships. In parallel, you’ll lead the charge to define and implement our nascent Consulting practice on a project or retainer basis.
With a background in consulting and in-depth client management, you’ll build strong customer relationships and work with the management team to formalize the engagement models around our Consulting, SaaS and Ad-Tech Services, and take on P&L responsibility for the servicing of all these.
This is the role for you, if
- You LOVE sports, entertainment, gaming or esports
- You have a background at a top-tier consultancy, and have built teams and practices around multiple clients simultaneously
- You’re looking for the next step in your career, to take ownership of building a significant client engagement capability across multiple disciplines
- You have a deep understanding of the power and application of data in its various forms
- You have the DNA to be part of a fast, vibrant, ever-changing tech startup
- You want to be part of the leadership of FanAI, a venture-backed, extremely well-connected startup in Santa Monica
- Taking and delegating people management across the Consulting and Services team of FanAI, including capacity planning, hiring, L&D, mentoring and performance management.
- Collaborating with management team to develop and maintain commercial engagement models across Consulting, SaaS and Ad-Tech domains.
- Managing client relationships for the full lifecycle, including:
- Liaising with Sales & Marketing on contract negotiation, structure, estimation and pricing
- Onboarding new clients across SaaS and Ad-Tech engagements
- Managing ongoing relationships and delivery across Consulting engagements
- Renewing expiring client relationships & upsell of FanAI products & services
- Offboarding non-renewed relationships
- Resolving escalation and conflict
- Supported by the leadership team, creating delivery models for project- and retainer-based Consulting and hybrid engagements, and subsequent estimation and execution.
- Supported by the leadership team and our lawyers, defining the contractual models under which FanAI will work.
- With help from our finance team, agreeing parameters and executing against them across revenue recognition, invoicing and collections.
- Working with the Chief Financial officer to own and forecast the Consulting & Services P&L.
- In partnership with the Chief Product Officer, managing the feedback loop from clients into the product development process
- Maintaining awareness and compliance with regards good data security practices across the Services and Consulting team, and educating clients on FanAI’s best practices, including the management of PII and PCI data, as well as regulatory frameworks such as GDPR and the license restrictions imposed by our data partners
- At least 7+ years of work experience
- At least 5 years in a consulting role, ideally leading small- to medium-sized teams, with a clear understanding of marketing/sponsorship strategy and the ability to develop high-level marketing or sponsor strategies on the fly, as well as create consultative toolsets and methods to improve client outcomes
- Direct P&L ownership of at least $1M of annual revenues for at least 2 years
- Direct involvement in the sports, esports, gaming or entertainment industries, or in a Big Data company for at least 2 years
- Significant exposure to data, and experience analyzing data to support the creation of a client-facing narrative
- Well-honed presentation skills across multiple formats from slideware to in-person presentation and public speaking, including the development of compelling narratives and the creation of accompanying visual materials
Bonus points for
- 3+ years in top-tier consultancy
- Previous work experience in data & analytics
- Experience of handling multiple concurrent client relationships with a cumulative value of at least $5M pa
- Demonstrated expertise in managing senior (C-level and immediate reports) clients in SME client organisations
We provide a fast-growing, fun and professional atmosphere. A place to express and grow yourself professionally and the opportunity to advance your career through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.